RECENT NEWS: Islanders agree to terms with prospect Matt Martin.....Isles and Canes swap prospects, acquire Bobby Hughes......DiPietro "right on schedule"......

Tuesday, September 11, 2007

ISLANDERS ACQUIRE BEN WALTER

The Islanders have acquired prospect Ben Walter from the Boston Bruins for Petteri Nokelainen. The Islanders also received a 2009 conditional draft pick.

Amazing. A center that could be our #2 prospect. Maybe even better that Oky. I'll update this later, I just want to get this up now.


UPDATE: 4:13 PM

Official news two days in a row. Wasn't expecting that.

Walter is 23, and coming off a fabulous AHL season. He is ready for the NHL, and will be battling for a roster spot in training camp. I definitely think he could make it.

I don't think the Isles are done yet. Training Camp will start Thursday or Friday, and we may pull out a defenseman trade tomorrow. Remember, this trade is only MINOR.




I'm going to push the Vasicek review to tomorrow. Sorry. If camp starts Friday, then I have planned things out wrong. So I'm assuming it will start Friday. Speaking of the NIR's, Walter's will NOT be done unless he makes the team. I said the young guys don't count, didn't I?







Let's Go Isles!!!

No comments: