RECENT NEWS: Islanders agree to terms with prospect Matt Martin.....Isles and Canes swap prospects, acquire Bobby Hughes......DiPietro "right on schedule"......

Friday, May 16, 2008

Islander Zone Articles to be Featured on Bleacher Report

This has been news I've known for a while, but I believe it is time to announce it to all.

In mid-March, I was invited to write on a new and popular sports fan site, Bleacher Report. http://www.bleacherreport.com/

I accepted the offer, signing up right away. Starting next week, I will be writing articles on Bleacher Report. I had to think over how I'd do that, since I have this blog going strong already.

So, I figured I would write the articles here on Islander Zone first, like normal. I would then transfer the ones I specifically want onto my Bleacher Report account. (I'll give that info at a later time)

Most articles on Bleacher Report get at least 500 reads and some can go up to 30,000. This will be a great opportunity for myself, and it will spark more hits on Islander Zone. Bleacher Report has also very recently become affiliated with Fox Sports. Some articles from BR have already reached the front page of www.foxsports.com.

To see a few articles from other writers at Bleacher Report that have already made it to the Fox Sports website, go to http://msn.foxsports.com/search?sp_q=bleacher+report.

Like I said, this is a great opportunity for me, and just to clarify once again, this will NOT make me slow down posting on Islander Zone. In fact, it will actually increase the amount of posts, and hopefully increase popularity.

Let's Go Isles!!!

No comments: