RECENT NEWS: Islanders agree to terms with prospect Matt Martin.....Isles and Canes swap prospects, acquire Bobby Hughes......DiPietro "right on schedule"......

Wednesday, April 9, 2008

My Playoff Predictions

Well, I was seeing too many predictions out there, and figured I should join the party as well, before the playoffs kick off tonight.

QUARTERFINALS

EAST


Canadiens vs Bruins


Canadiens in 5. Sure, the B's can get a win. But come on, Montreal is 8-0 on them this season, the Habs are the easy choice for this one.

Penguins vs Senators

Penguins in 6. The Sens had a good start, but that means nothing now. They'll be lucky if they can pull out 2 wins in this series. Pens get this one.

Capitals vs Flyers

Capitals in 4. They are on fire right now, AO is too good, and with Huet in net, there's no way Briere and his Flying P's are going past the Capitals.

Devils vs Rangers

Devils in 7. Of course, an Isles fan would root against the Rags. But I think Brodeur will come up with some charm in a game 7 to beat the Rags. It'll be a great series, I think the Rangers will lead it most of the way, but the Devils will come back in the end. See ya next year Raggies.


WEST


Red Wings vs Predators

Red Wings in 5. Considering I don't know much about the west, I do know that the Wings are pretty damn good. Should be an easy one for them.

Sharks vs Flames

Sharks in 7. This will be another great series. Both have talent, both have goaltending, both have a will to win. But have you seen Nabakov in net? He'll lead the Sharks to victory.

Wild vs Avalanche

Wild in 6. I don't think the Avs will go far with their goaltending. They don't seem like a challenge for Gaborik, Rolston, and Backstrom. Wild will get this one. Good luck next year Smyth!

Ducks vs Stars

Duckies in 5. Stars can get a win or two, but against the past champs, they're not winning.


SEMIFINALS

EAST


Canadiens vs Devils

Canadiens in 6. They look too good this year, and Price > Brodeur in my opinion.

Penguins vs Capitals

Penguins in 6. This would be the best series of the playoffs. AO against Crosby, Malkin and Hossa. Sorry Caps, but that's a little hard to beat, no matter how good you are.


WEST


Red Wings vs Ducks

Ducks in 6. It'll be just like last year's Conference Finals. I'm sick of the Red Wings anyway.

Sharks vs Wild

Wild in 7. A good series will come out of this one, but I see the Wild somehow cracking through the Nabby-Wall.


CONFERENCE FINALS

EAST

Canadiens vs Penguins

Canadiens in 7. Again, Price is unbeatable. He can handle the pens. It'll be hard, though.


WEST

Wild vs Ducks

Wild in 7. I see an amazing series here, but I feel that the Wild can really pull off some upsets this year.


STANLEY CUP FINALS

Canadiens vs Wild

Canadiens in 4. It'll be the most dominated SCF that we've seen in years. Did you think I thought the Wild would beat everyone? Well, I didn't think that. So, the Montreal Canadiens will take it all this year.



Hmm..I don't think I've spent that much time on a post before. Honestly, this has taken me over a half an hour to do. Show's how devoted to this blog I am.

:winks:


Let's Go Isles!!!

No comments: