RECENT NEWS: Islanders agree to terms with prospect Matt Martin.....Isles and Canes swap prospects, acquire Bobby Hughes......DiPietro "right on schedule"......

Monday, March 10, 2008

Isles Sign Jesse Joensuu

Okay, I know I reported this a week ago, but it never actually got done until today. The Islanders have signed prospect Jesse Joensuu to a 3-year entry-level contract that begins in the 2008-2009 season.

I'm pretty excited to see what he can do for Bridgeport. He needs to work on his skating, but other than that he is a solid prospect that can give a scoring boost to the team.

“The Islanders have worked with me every step of the way since they drafted me two years ago and have really helped my development,” said Joensuu. “Now that we have agreed on a contract, I’m very excited about starting my career in the Islanders organization and playing in North America.”

Good job by the Isles on this one. They picked a good prospect to sign up early.

I'll post a PGP for tomorrow's game a little bit later, so you can have time to soak this in. The PGP's have been completely re-vamped, and I'm sure you will like them!

Let's Go Isles!

(10-1-1)

No comments: