RECENT NEWS: Islanders agree to terms with prospect Matt Martin.....Isles and Canes swap prospects, acquire Bobby Hughes......DiPietro "right on schedule"......

Saturday, November 17, 2007

Information Central

To start things off, I want to talk about the poll that closed on Thursday.

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us



As you see there, most of you seemed to like it. A couple people disagreed, but I can't satisfy everyone. I really didn't get as much feedback as I had expected, or wanted. 13 votes is really not what I was looking for. But if you didn't like it and never voted, then your opinion doesn't count. Islander Zone is staying how it is, for now.


I never really talked about it, but GM Garth Snow is trying to sign LW Ruslan Fedotenko to an extension. Nothing can be done until early January, but an agreement could take place soon. I'm expecting a 4-year extension.

Here is the rumor of the day right now. If you are reading this, do not stop. There is a rumor that appears could be true by the end of this week. Marc-Andre Bergeron is very likely to be traded to the west coast. Not sure which team, but take the "coast" part as a help. With Sim out for the season, and Johnson's status for the season uncertain, we could really get another forward. A team that would be a strong possibility is Vancouver. I'd only expect a mid-round pick from them, though.

No comments: