RECENT NEWS: Islanders agree to terms with prospect Matt Martin.....Isles and Canes swap prospects, acquire Bobby Hughes......DiPietro "right on schedule"......

Friday, August 31, 2007

Mid-Day News

Scratch Marleau off the trade list, he has just signed a two-year contract extension with the Sharks.

Who's left? I'm hearing Vincent Lecavalier is available in a trade. I'm suprised Tampa Bay is willing to give him up. If we don't want to give up prospects, expect Satan to be in the trade rumors.

Right now, this is just speculation. As we move on to next week, this can start heating up. I think it will be great to add star-talent like Vincent. Will I give up Miro for him? Not sure. With the loss of Kozlov, Satan is our only go to guy in the shootout. I'm just saying that, because I don't know how good Lecavalier is in a shootout. If he is as good as Satan in them, I would do the trade in a heartbeat. We do have a lot of wingers by the way. And I'm sure we can move someone like Park to wing.

Personally, I don't care about giving up a few picks. As long as we are getting good talent.

Who would you choose? Satan and some picks, or Lecavalier? Is this the veteran center trade we've been hearing about? Possibly.


Let's Go Isles!!!

No comments: