RECENT NEWS: Islanders agree to terms with prospect Matt Martin.....Isles and Canes swap prospects, acquire Bobby Hughes......DiPietro "right on schedule"......

Friday, September 21, 2007

Isles Cut 6

According to Eklund, the Islanders have placed the following players on waivers:

Steve Regier
Tim Jackman
Kip Brennan
Matthew Spiller
Drew Fata
Joey MacDonald


I would be terribly upset to see MacDonald go, so I hope no one picks him up. Seeing the way he played in that 1 pre-season game, he is a good pick-up for us.


But have no fear, well, at least, not a lot of fear. These players have a 1-way contract, so they need to clear waviers before entering the AHL. I have a feeling at least one of them will be picked up, but let's all hope not.

Teams have until 12:00 PM Eastern Time tomorrow to pick them up.



I will do my best to cover tonight's game. It is blacked out on Center Ice, so I can't watch it. But don't worry. I will at least have the final score up.

Right now, the game is tied up at 1.

No comments: